Monday, February 2, 2009

Six-Burgh!


Yeah Baby!

With 2:37 remaining on the clock in perhaps the most exciting Super Bowl game ever played... the Steelers down by 3... and my wife frantically pulling her hair out and close to tears, I turned to her and calmly said, "In Ben we trust."

Pittsburgh Sportwriter Gerry Dulac had said on the radio earlier in the day that he thought it would come down to one of Ben's now trademarked 4th quarter rallies. But I don't think he envisioned the drive that actually transpired in his wildest prognosticating dreams. (Kudos, Gerry on your call -- and mega-Kudos to Ben for his prestidigitation!)

'R Stillers once again lay claim to being the best pro football franchise of the Super Bowl era! As a lifelong Steelers fan, I've always felt that way and believed in the Steelers' way of taking care of business... But now, with six trophies in 7 tries, there is no disputing the fact!

I can't wait for training camp to open... This team is fairly young (YOU try to tell Aaron Smith he is old!), and Ben is only beginning to realize the amazing potential I've been preaching about since he was selected 5 years ago.

No comments: